Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Tuesday Rambles with a Coffee

Please stay home, order in, pick up your eats. Please stay home and practice safe distancing.


The quickness of this event has been heart breaking and heart warming.

It breaks my heart to see our neighbours, regulars, friends, have to close their shops, us having to lay off fantastic friends who chose to work here.

Myself who was in the shop solo today ya know cleaning, managing the food systems, Doing ROEs. I had a few regulars tap on the window, made them their usual eats, had a nice chat (from a distance) so it was a rather positive day. A day where I could spend more time engaging in the reals of life.

After my usual 6am - 6pm because I'm still programmed to do so and the mop pail needed to be sos ed. Not going to eat from my own restaurant kitchen, not today. My Neighbours to the west of us are offering take out and delivery within 5k. Me, I'm standing out front with my phone looking at the menu to order. they come out and another kind chat takes place. They are passing along well wishes to My sister who also is a key part of the Tipper. We finally get to the food part, their phone number programmed into my phone just about to hit send, Yes, here to order your eats! I had a better than nothing day x9 single orders I tell them, I'm here to support you. Nope they would not accept my payment.... In the tough times some people really have the chance to shine. Plus, the food was fantastic.



Look I'm not a writer, in fact the lacking is a gift that contributes to this persons ever moving forward. At this point. Clearly Don't have one of the long list of pals who have proof read my intentions over the years, help with the formalities of word speak. It took a while to see that it was a thing, a gift, a humble way to get vibes passed to smarter people with kind hearts. With thanks to all of you kind proof reading sounding boards.


 apologies can type faster than I can talk so it get wordy.

Colin Shandler

No comments:

Post a Comment