Monday, April 22, 2019
Saturday, April 20, 2019
Few things to help yourself enjoy the night:
- Best arrive early
- Order in pairs, a food adventure tour isn't helpful.
- Pay with cash since its faster and supports small local biz
- Read the room. If the server is busy with others let them be, they will get to you
- Remember this is what you voted for. Staffing levels in a fair wage place.
- Have fun, take in the art and enjoy your company
- Enjoy responsibly & no drinking and driving
Tuesday, April 16, 2019
Friday, April 12, 2019
Hey Pals... Happy to share with those who care about The Tipper.
Here are a few updates.
- The New Lease is in the works.
- A few Steps closer to our own Orchard to Table produce & fruits
- Minor equipment upgrades to compliment products
- Coffee brewer
- Soup kettle s
- Ice machine tune up
- Pans, baskets, flatware to name a few
- NEW Kitchen personnel are dedicated culinary pros with their own knives and skills
- Updated menu is almost ready to launch... actually it is a simple reduction to favorites.
- Events will be hosted, although fewer of them. Hosted with a limited Enjoyable menu to ease the pressures on our regular non event diners, our servers and line cooks
- Reduced our hours of service to the availability, knowledge and skills of my current group of people.
- Still not trying to please everyone. If you want to visit a restaurant / venue where you can trust in the food, where everyone works an honest day, for honest pay and isn't reduced to a number.
- Feature Artist MWBowen has a all inclusive gift and we are lucky to display his art and help with the distribution
- Also The Tipper isn't a "bar" even though it kinda looks like one. Just your local Diner that would like to serve a pint or two with meals, a family friendly spot. We are not the place to get your drink on or hang at the bar for hours.... not our intended vibe. We Id everyone over under 30. Plus, host AA meetings on Thursday's at noon (mens) and Sunday at 9am (open)
- You can pre order "Oh Shit bags" soon.... a 72 hour earthquake or Natural event kit
- email Colin@thetipperrestaurant,com for more info
More to come....
Tuesday, April 9, 2019
Thursday, April 4, 2019
any one else notice? Yelp personnel are the most aggressive peeps in the on line marketing business... easier to get off the phone with the CRA scammers out of.... Yikes Yelp!
Arron from yelp... you have skills and should apply at another company.
Tuesday, April 2, 2019
The Review Room is a private room / comfort space in the back area of The Tipper; Great for book clubs, strata meetings, PAC Meetings, new moms meet ups, Support groups, folk bands, art shows, clothing swaps, acoustic concerts to name a few.
How it works.
Seating: up to 45ppl
Service: Yes, however unique.
· Support meetings: order / pay under the antique light and food will be brought to you to enjoy.
· Full ala cart: ala cart lunch, dinners and meetings are available upon request, inquire with the booking person
Minimum per person: $10 to $15 dollars
Room Fee: $50.00 to $100.00 when used for profit, new events, and when minimum per person isn’t achieved. Honestly, we prefer not to charge for the room however after 10yrs we are no longer able to be running it at a loss.
Contact us: 604-873-1010
Thank you for the note. I can type faster then I can talk. So this will be wordy.
Perhaps you didn't see we offer a $6.00 pint of a rotating tap from the time we are able to serve until the time we are not able to serve.
That is lower than most places. Also, we are one of few places that actually pays its staff higher than minimum wage. After 12 years at this location I still don't pay myself more than a 1000.00 per month. To continue to provide the best food I can purchase and prepare while putting my people first. I have lived out of the trunk of my car for a year and squatted on a pals boat for 3 years. Our building may have history and in your opinion there are classier places. So the difference isn't going into my pocket.
as a restaurant we are faced with un relenting ever increasing costs, rents, source deductions, vacation pay, and not shy to admit that my profit margin goal is 3%. Haven't hit that yet. Perhaps you have some food service tips.
Perhaps you didn't know:
We don't charge a fee for the concert series even though they do charge admission... because, we love the performers. I pay for x2 extra staff on those evening to be able to handle the 40plus people who think they all need to arrive 1.5 hours and be fed before the show. Being busy isn't always cost effective.
truthfully... We might not host future shows and events
We might not re sign the lease that expires April 30th of this year
I was thanked by an police officer the other day, Perhaps the reason our place isn't visited by the police for drunken behaviour in the 12 years is for the sensible liquor pricing.
Kindly sir or madams. We will not choose to win the race to the bottom of the classiness barrel by lowering our liquor prices too much. A Family friendly place that serves liquor is fine with me.
The Tipper is its own thing, we have hosted over 1000 AA meetings in the 12 years and don't charge extra for the room either.
This is a place where I care more about being loyal to my food program and not concern myself with what others think our pricing should be. Our menu is costed regularly and balanced with what we purchase. The numbers are not made up.
Thank you for listening.
I have shared this with you since others may have concerns for our pricing within your circle, and out of loyalty to the gents in Fraser union.
Thank you for the reminder I Haven't increased our prices recently and will take a look to see where we are at.