Sunday, December 18, 2011

Recent Review on Yelp Vancouver

Updated - 12/18/2011
The Tipper gets better and better each time I visit.

The owner actually read my last review and decided to call me. Last time I was there, I complained about food coming out too slowly, the back room being too cold, and heaters as well as the TV not working. Well, he told me all those things were addressed and invited me back. That was HUGE for me. First of all, he fixed all the negative things I had mentioned in my review and second of all, he actually called me. I really appreciate businesses that care about what their customers thought. When I met him in person, he was sincere and a down to earth person. What a great guy!

The food was delicious. My husband and I ordered the Naughty and Nice Poutine. What an adorable name! The "Naughty" was the poutine, which the gravy was made from vegetables and was flavorful without being too salty. (I hate poutine that is too salty.) They use cheddar cheese in their poutine as well, which I liked. The "Nice" was the salad and was fabulous. They make their own dressing and you can taste the freshness in both dressing and crisp vegetables. Surprisingly, my husband actually ate most of the salad and he's not a big salad person. We also had the BLT sandwich with a side of seafood chowder. The BLT was on sourdough bread and had a nice smokey taste. My husband and I gobbled up the sandwich and enjoyed every bite, we didn't even leave the crust. The seafood chowder was thick and full of seafood. It was my favorite thing out of all our dishes and full of quality ingredients. They don't use fillers since I don't recall getting any potato in my chowder.

What a difference from my previous visits! I am truly glad I had a chance to eat here again and will definitley be back again and again!



2 Previous Reviews: Hide »
11/16/2011
Re-visited Tipper Restaurant for my husband's birthday.

I requested the back room since there were about 15 of us and well... I wish it impressed me more. The back room was dark and didn't have much ambience. It was cold and when we tried to plug in the portable heater, the fuse blew. They told me the TV would be on so we can watch the game, but when we arrived was then told, it didn't work. My husband's order came 20mins after the first entree served. So it was his birthday and he got his dish last and very late...

The reason that I give this place a 3/5 is because their food wasn't bad and the service was good. The manager and waitress were friendly and tried to be helpful. I wish we had a little more attention because they left us alone in the back a little too much. Despite these set-backs, everyone still had a good time including my husband. I enjoyed my buffalo burger and my husband loved his chicken burger. This restaurant can be much more and it will really depend on my mood if I want to come back since my husband likes this place more than I do.



11/21/2010
I never really noticed this place before until a few days ago and decided to try it out. It's on Kingsway and the cross-street is Victoria Drive.

This place looks a little out of place beside all the Asian restaurants. It has a cool / dark look and casual style. The service was really good and the waitress came back 3 times to see if we needed anything, but didn't hover. Quick and efficient service.

We both had burgers, which were tasty and beers. It was good, but nothing to write home about. If I were in the area and felt like something casual I'd eat there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment